These days there are different kinds and variations of saffron milk. You can make it with different ingredients such as almond, pistachio and cardamom but the basic and necessary ingredients of this beverage contain milk, sugar and saffron threads. As you can imagine the quality of the saffron plays a big role in taste and application of the beverage.
This is a delicious nighttime beverage if you are struggling to sleep or just need to relax.
Claims of the health benefits of saffron milk are numerous. Some of them are tied to the herb’s ability to:
- Improve digestion
- Ease the symptoms and shorten the duration of the common cold
- Improve both vision and bone strength
- Natural anti-inflammatory solution and natural pain reliever
- Slow the signs of aging
- Normalize blood pressure and decrease heart problems
- Treat and prevent cancer
- Reduce symptoms tied to depression and anxiety
- 8 cups milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons saffron threads
- In a saucepan, combine all ingredients and bring to a boil, stirring constantly to prevent sticking.
- Allow milk to boil for 3-5 minutes, or until saffron has dissolved.
- Remove from heat.
- Allow to cool to warm drinking temperature and serve immediately.